Know the signs: Are you…
- Being controlled by threats, force or deception;
- Being told to keep in Constant Contact (given one or more cell phones?)
- Receiving expensive gifts?
- Being isolated from your family and friends?
- Earning or making money and not being able to keep it?
- Forced to give your ID to someone else?
- Told to look sexy (hair, nails and clothes etc.)
- Being denied food and sleep?
- Being forced to have sex for money?
If yes, then you may be a victim of human trafficking. THERE IS HELP!
- Contact police or emergency services by calling 911
- Call the Chrysalis Anti-Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-866-528-7109
- If you or someone you know needs help, speak to a trusted adult (family member, teacher or school counselor), or contact a counselor anonymously at the Kids Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 or online at www.kidshelpphone.ca.